Alert Level 2
Under Alert Level 2 we are open again from 8th September!
We will all be wearing face masks and as recommended under Level 2 we strongly encourage anyone coming into our premises to also wear a mask. Our QR code is accessible on the door, or on a table on entry, with paper and pen available to record your details if you an unable to use our QR code.
Before entry please review the questions below and if you answer yes to any question please phone us rather than coming to our store.
1. Are you feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
2. Do you have any sneezing or a runny nose?
3. Do you have any loss of taste or smell?
4. Do you, or someone you have had contact with, have a confirmed case of COVID-19?
5. Are you, or is someone you have had contact with, currently undergoing testing for COVID-19 and awaiting test results?
6. Have you recently returned from overseas?
We are more than happy to answer any questions by phone or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protocol for Alert level 1
When we return to Alert Level 1 we are open for our normal hours but you will notice we continue to follow strict hygiene procedures within our examining room.
Along with our normal cleaning protocols for all surfaces you will be touching, we will be using shields on any equipment where we sit close to you.
To keep us all safe, we do ask you not to come to our rooms if you, or anyone you have been in contact with, have a sore throat, shortness of breath, fever, runny nose, loss of smell or taste.
If this applies to you please phone and we can answer any questions you have.
The Ministry of Health previously advised in Level 1 Optometrists are no longer required to wear any masks but if you would prefer this please just ask and we will wear one. We are very used to doing this and are more than happy to use at your request.